Complete Checklist for New Coins to Setup Explorers, Electrum Servers, Agama Wallet, Activate dPoW & BarterDEX Trading
This document will guide you through creating an independent assetchain/coin using Komodo and setup explorer, electrum servers, integrate into Agama GUI wallet, dPoW and enable trading on BarterDEX.
Step 1: Create an Assetchain/Coin, Setup Insight based Explorer, Electrum Servers and Agama GUI Wallet
- The various parameters using which the new blockchain can be customized are explained here: Parameters to customize Blockchains created using Komodo Platform
- Install explorer: DeckerSU/komodo-explorers-install
- Setup Electrum SPV server
- Integrate into Agama Desktop wallet
- Integrate into Agama Mobile wallet
We have used Zaddex (ZEX) coin as example for some part of this document. Please change to your coin name where ever applicable.
Coin name: Zaddex Ticker: ZEX Start Command: ``./komodod -pubkey=$pubkey -ac_name=ZEX -ac_cc=2 -ac_founders=1 -ac_halving=525600 -ac_reward=13000000000 -ac_pubkey=039d4a50cc70d1184e462a22edb3b66385da97cc8059196f8305c184a3e21440af -addnode=184.108.40.206 &`` RPCport: 26477
Step 2: PR List for Activating dPoW
In order to activate dPoW you need to submit Pull Requests into 2 GitHub repos.
Step 2.1 Changes required for Komodo repo
- 2 new files need to be created and 2 existing files need updating. These new files are executable scripts named as the coin ticker with small letters. They would go inside
~/komodo/src/fiat/dir and required for quering the chain easily. i.e.:
Contents of these 2 new files would be as following:
#!/bin/bash ./komodo-cli -ac_name=ZEX $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6
- So, you will have ~/komodo/src/ac/zex and ~/komodo/src/fiat/zex . Make sure both of the files have proper executable permission .
- Next, is to add coin parameters at the bottom of assetchains.json and assetchains.old files inside
~/komodo/src/directory. Please check the links to the files to understand how they were done. The
.jsonfile is basically converting the ZEX chain's startup command from shell fromat to JSON format.
- Check this commit to fully understand what was done to add ZEX to the Komodo repo.
Step 2.2 Changes required for SuperNET repo
- To the SuperNET repo, we need to add 1 new file called zex_7776 inside
~/SuperNET/iguana/coins/(please change zex with your coin ticker). Make sure this file has executable permission . This file gets created automatically in the directory where you start the chain from. Generally inside
- And, we need to edit 4 existing files, dpowassets, iguana_notary.c, m_notary_run & m_splitfund) inside
~/SuperNET/iguana/dir. These links points to the line where you should be checking.
- Check this commit to fully understand what was done to add ZEX in SuperNET repo.
- Once you have all the changes done locally, you can submit a PR to Komodo and SuperNET repo
devbranch. After the PR gets merged , it will be announced and Komodo Notary Node operators will update their node and start notarizing the coin.
Step 3: PR List for enabling BarterDEX trading
In order for the coin to be enabled in BarterDEX trading platform you need to submit a PR to jl777/coins repo.
Here is an useful guide for the process.