# How to update Komodo (for Notary Nodes)
Reboot your node (to start clean).
If you already have installed Komodo from it's source code on your machine, and need to update to the latest version, follow the below steps.
Please follow each step carefully and don't skip to the next one until the previous step is successfully completed. If you have the
komodo daemon running, you can leave it running while updating if you have enough resources in your machine. If you prefer to stop it before updating, please use
~/komodo/src/komodo-cli stop to stop the daemon and proceed with the following steps to update.
- Navigate to your komodo directory
- Make sure you don't have any changes made to the source and reset it. This will ensure clean source and shouldn't create issues while pulling the latest source in the next step.
git reset --hard
- Clean the source directory
- Update the source. (If you have any changes made to the source code, this command may not pull the latest source. Please make sure you have followed the previous steps)
- Compile the latest binary
Start your sevices as usual. If you didn't stop the deamon before compiling, please stop it using
~/komodo/src/komodo-cli stop and start again.
After that, go to your .komodo folder
Remove the following files
rm -rf blocks chainstate debug.log komodostate db.log
Go back to you home folder
Run your start script
Let it resync (check with the getinfo command). When it is done resyncing, start Iguana
cd ~/dPoW/iguana ./m_notary
Your Komodo installation is now uptodate.
I receive the following error when i do
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error could not load param file at /home/j/.zcash-params/sprout-verifying.key Komodo in AppInit()
You have to do
./zcutil/fetch-params.sh first and after that